Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tutorial Task: Complete the Exercises below, and then write a report in your blog about your experience doing the exercises; were there any problems? what were your solutions? Did you find it too simple, or was it confusing? Can you see how this software might be useful to you?

This excerise like the other one, started of simple and it actually remained simple throughout the excerise. There was a lot of reading involved which i didn't like reading and it consumed a lot of time. In result of this, I tend not to concentrate to the best of my ability.

There were no serious problems, lazy me forgot to press the arrow down where the bar names are is that makes any sense. I was looking for macro and couldnt see it straight away and didn't press that black arrow down to reveal everything so I asked Hannah who was sitting next to me to help me and so she told me i had to click "down arrow" and there I found it!

It was pretty simple. I don't like graphs in particular, these confuse me but when it comes to doing it yourself, you seem to understand it more.

Doing graphs might be of use to me where I have to do statistic graphs and such. I don't do busine or maths so it won't be of use to me there. I also like the idea of putting equations in aand pressing answer to get your result. When the numbers start to get high, that technique becomes very useful. Creating buttons was very neat too and it was interesting to see quickly which clients created gains and which incureed losses. I didn't understand what the recording button did. I didn't know if it worked or not, obviously it must have down something if i was able to get through the hole excerise.

It would be good if the excerise told me what the recording buttons purpose was so I would undertand why I'm clicking the buttons that I'm clicking.

Good tips that I hope to use, if the chance pops up!

No comments: