Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tutorial Task: Complete the Exercises below, and then write a report in your blog about your experience doing the exercises; were there any problems ? what were your solutions? Did you find it too simple, or was it confusing? Can you see how this software might be useful to you?

Microsoft is a very useful source, I use it for everything, I not only use microsoft word but microsoft powerpoint. This weeks tutorial class was pretty simply. I followed ther instructions and when ok. The question marks that were meant to be inverted commas confused me, i think it was a typo. The exercises were easy upto advanced exercise 1. Advanced exercise 2 was easy to start of with then i followed the prompts and looked for "create" and I couldn't find it. I took me maybe five minutes to find it. You had to go into "type a new list" and this wasn't said in the instructions. My bullet point was kept on "existing file". So yes after trying to fiddle around I found it.
It then said to go to add new but it was actually "new entry" however, I got in straight away.
When showing the tool bar, I couldn't distinguish the difference so I did it again and noticed that there was an extra grey bar, silly me!

After and other than that, I had no problems. It was a little time consuming which makes it a tedious process, but I got their in the end. I didn't find it too simple and it wasn't confusing at all, it might have been a little tricky. You just have to play around with it a bit and start to familiarize yourself with buttons that you usually next use. So throughout the end of the excerise I really had to concentrate on the instructions because I had never perfomed them whereas, the first three exercise I always do so I was just skim reading, asuming I was doing it right.
I didn't ask for help because i knew they were simple instructions, you just had to concentrate a little at the end.

Using letter and mailing has never been used by me, but I can see that it will become very useful. I like the idea that it makes copies of my letter into documents to as many as I want. It looks easier than trying to send copies via hotmail so i think that I mmight give it a go, especially when I comes to my resume and I want everything to go perfect.

Some useful tips!!!
Thanks

No comments: