Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Comm tech hmmmmm



The course has been a pleasant breeze up until now. Where 15 chapters are demanded to be read and I have less that a week. I must say vector, dialectic and meme does not phase me as such. However, finding out that using my daily communication technologies like myspace has become of use to me. I never knew that the quizs we took that told more about ourselves were memes!!! Wow, I actually find such definitions useful and when it came to simple definitions like technology that we use everyday, I struggled to come to terms with what it was...shame.



Similar courses like culture, media and society use similiar terms to this book and that makes it a whole lot better. Topics I found interesting in this course was about video games and questions like are they simulations or representations. I still haven't made up my mind. I think they're more simulations but who knows. I'll probably go good in this area of the test.



to be continued...





maybe lol



I have to go study now for the exam

I'm back and today was the day I completed the exam, i took my time but i think i passed lol. It was easier than I had expected.

I enjoyed the questions about the movies, as i found the movies interesting, something i'd usually never watch. My favourite was Alphaville and i didn't mind the voice over lol. La Jetee scared me and Primer was a little boring and hard to understand but I enjoyed the idea that they watched to make a time machine, the movie was so realistic which i enjoyed a lot unlike other movies such as Back to the Future that don't look realistic one bit.

I did enjoy finding out how technoligies work and how they developed over a period of time.

Writing blogs each week was fun, photoshop was enjoyable, the activites was quite easy.

All the theories in the book were interesting but trying to remember all the names is just to hard, i had trouble remembering who produced, directed, theorized what. I'm not good which dates either.

Yes, overall the subject was ok, not my favourite one i'm sorry.

I'd prefer to just buy new technologies rather than having to question how they were made, i think it's because I'm a little lazy, but who isn't these dahys in this century?

Thanks

Natasha


No comments: